Monday, January 29, 2024

God Wants Presence

“You console my Eucharistic Heart by giving me signs of your friendship; of all these, the one that most consoles me is your presence before my Eucharistic Face.  There are many ways of expressing friendship and of responding to the love of one’s friend, but the one that is most satisfying to the heart is the simple act of companionship, of presence, of being together. (In Sinu Jesu: When Hearts Speak to Heart  pg 153)

This is a good time to offer Jesus the gift of your presence, and one of the better ways to do that is Eucharistic Adoration in our chapel, where you can go and pray before the face of our true God almost anytime you want.  You don’t have to be a ‘committed’ adorer to pray in the chapel, you are welcome anytime your schedule permits.


The more time we spend in his presence the easier it is for us to find him not only in the chapel, but everywhere and in everything we do.


“Loving Father, my heart reveals to me that everything that I long for finds its fulfillment in the Eucharist.  Attune my way of thinking to the Eucharist so that I will be responsive to the presence of your Son in whatever comes my way.” (Jesus, Present Before Me - Fr Peter Cameron, O.P.)



No comments:

Post a Comment