Monday, February 26, 2024

Follow Me ... Now!

 Lent Is A Time To Follow Him


“As Jesus walked on from there, he noticed a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector’s booth.  Jesus said to him, “Follow me,” and he got up and followed him.”  (Matthew 9:9)

“Follow me,” Jesus says, and Matthew does so at once.  What a radical response!  Would you and I do the same?  Would we drop everything straightaway to follow a man we knew little or nothing of?  Probably not.  Yet Matthew does so, as do Andrew, Peter, James and John.  (Matthew 4:18-22)


Every day, Jesus passes through our lives and calls us to follow him in ways both big and small.  The example of the Apostles challenges and encourages us to respond promptly to Jesus’ call.  Do we?


You might ask, “Where do I meet Christ in my daily life?  I do not perceive his presence or hear him calling me.”  Yet he is there.


He calls us to be faithful to our daily prayers when we don’t feel like praying.  He speaks to us through Sacred Scripture or a passage from some spiritual work.  He invites us to grow in the spiritual life through an invitation to spend time with him in the Adoration Chapel.”

 (Amber Kinloch - St Josephs’ Shelf)


How will you respond to his invitation?


www.adorationpro.org/ihmmi




No comments:

Post a Comment