Monday, January 30, 2023

 OPEN THE DOOR …

“Loving and irresistible God, you draw me into your flame of love, and yet I resist.  I pray for the courage to surrender my whole self to you, as St. Francis of Assisi did, so that like Francis, I might experience the joy of life without control, a life that brings the unexpected delights of sweet surrender.  Loving God, help me to stop counting the costs and to overcome my fear of loss, so that through your communing love I may find my true self, transformed by love, ready to share that experience of pure joy through loving service to the world around me.  Amen"
(Eucharistic Adoration - Reflections in the Franciscan Tradition p.13)

Eucharistic Adoration opens the door that allows us to become more like the One we contemplate and to continually make room for the mystery of God within our lives.
  If you currently are not a regular weekly Adorer I encourage you to ask the Holy Spirit for advice and support to begin the practice.

“You must propagate veneration of the Most Blessed Sacrament with all your might, for the devotion to the Holy Eucharist is the queen of all devotions.” (Pope Benedict XVI)

No comments:

Post a Comment